Vintage Flower in Public Domain
I found this gorgeous flower illustration while searching online for public domain images to use in my artwork.
I don’t remember where I found this one but I fell in love with it right away because it brought to mind lots of different ideas for artwork.
I have whole digital folders of public domain images that are just waiting to be used in upcoming artwork. They can be used for digital collage or you can print them out and use them in your paper/paint collage.
I will be uploading more public domain images each week so check back often.
Glowing Gown Digital Collage
I call this digital collage “Glowing Gown” for lack of a better name. I am not very good at naming my artwork although I do try to name every piece I create, so I don’t get too confused in the long run.
I created this digital collage in Adobe Photoshop, the most amazing digital art program on the planet. (Can you believe a ton of companies turned down that idea when it was first shopped around?!)
I created this digital collage using an old vintage image of a woman, and the background palace is also an old public domain photograph. I was able to create the glowing and sparkling effects with custom brushes that you can download for free all over the internet.
The hazy, smokey effects in the room was created using overlapping images that were set to setting like “overlay” and varying opacities.
I was playing around with some abstract doodling pages that I created. I have this need to doodle with markers and paint pens, especially if I am watching a TV show – my hands must be busy.
I don’t consider myself an abstract artist so I was thinking of ways that I could use my many abstract doodles in collage pieces. This abstract collage flower is my first attempt at using one of my crazy doodles in a collage.
I scanned the doodle into my computer and made a print out of it. (That way I can use it over and over.) Then I painted a solid background on heavy mixed-media paper and pasted on the doodle print in a flower space. The flower center is another doodle that I also scanned in.
For the leaves I pasted some text into a word program and set the text to green color. Then I printed it out and cut it out in leaf shapes. I hand drew the stems with markers. Overall it was a fun project but I think I have a ways to go before it’s something I totally love. But that’s how we get better, by experimenting.